Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Still Going Strong


I got my first rejection of the year today and it doesn't sting nearly as much as I'd feared. It was an agent I queried just last night. I hadn't expected an answer quite so soon, but I'm okay with it as I didn't think it was a great match for me anyhow. I still have two others out and will keep going until I run out of people to submit to. I know the market's tough right now, but nobody can say yes unless they see it so it's worth taking a chance on the ouch in the hopes of a hooray.

I'm finally determined to do my part to make it happen. It feels better than I ever thought it could.

Quote of the Day: "Writing, I think, is not apart from living. Writing is a kind of double living. The writer experiences everything twice. Once in reality and once in that mirror which waits always before or behind."
~Catherine Drinker Bowen, Atlantic, December 1957

5 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

Keep going, Karen!!

Karlene said...

Keep submitting. I absolutely know you're going to hit the write agent/publisher some day. Wish it could have been me...

Anonymous said...

Can I just tell you that I am THRILLED that you are writing and posting so much! I have really missed you.

Am sorry about the rejection, though.

Hoontah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hoontah said...

Keep it up Karen, your time will come.