Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Still Going Strong


I got my first rejection of the year today and it doesn't sting nearly as much as I'd feared. It was an agent I queried just last night. I hadn't expected an answer quite so soon, but I'm okay with it as I didn't think it was a great match for me anyhow. I still have two others out and will keep going until I run out of people to submit to. I know the market's tough right now, but nobody can say yes unless they see it so it's worth taking a chance on the ouch in the hopes of a hooray.

I'm finally determined to do my part to make it happen. It feels better than I ever thought it could.

Quote of the Day: "Writing, I think, is not apart from living. Writing is a kind of double living. The writer experiences everything twice. Once in reality and once in that mirror which waits always before or behind."
~Catherine Drinker Bowen, Atlantic, December 1957

5 comments:

Pink Ink said...

Keep going, Karen!!

Karlene said...

Keep submitting. I absolutely know you're going to hit the write agent/publisher some day. Wish it could have been me...

Weston Elliott said...

Can I just tell you that I am THRILLED that you are writing and posting so much! I have really missed you.

Am sorry about the rejection, though.

Kristi Stevens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi Stevens said...

Keep it up Karen, your time will come.