Monday, February 9, 2009

Love #9

Today is for my hat sisters. When I first moved to Tooele almost seven years ago I was very closed off, afraid to let anybody in. I'd been seriously hurt by an old friend and had learned not to trust anybody. It was a miserable way to live. Within the first week I met a beautiful lady whom I greatly admired but thought to myself she'd never want to be my friend.

Well, time proved me wrong. Within a couple of years I opened up to her and we started walking together. Our morning conversations were something I looked forward to and were what got me out the door in the morning. We discovered that we shared a love of the written word and for writing it ourselves and together we have grown.

She has always been an amazing cheerleader and tells me how wonderful I am. She always builds me up and listens to me whine and cry when things are tough. A few years ago her sister moved to town and they pulled me into their little family and adopted me. I'm now the middle child and can't think of a better place to be. They give me unending support, let me test my cooking experiments on them, take me to lunch, and make me laugh until I can't breathe.

Thank you, my hat sisters, for helping me to love and trust again.

I love you Shari and Jill.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Hey, you never did say what your hat name was. I loved the hat you wore to conference last year. It's one of the reasons I remember you. I think..."Oh, she's the one with the cool hat." LOL

So glad you are friends with Shari. Talk about a small world, with me going to school with her and all.

Hugs

Shari said...

You made my day! Thanks! I love you, too!

Anonymous said...

I heart my little Derby!!!

ali cross said...

That is so totally cool. YAY for you and for your amazing friends who took you in and loved you till you could love again. Awesome.

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen said...

Beautifully said. I'm sure your hat sister will cherish this.

Nichole Giles said...

Great post. Sometimes, our closest family members aren't blood related. (Wait, didn't I already comment about that?)

Glad you have your sisters.

Nichole