Friday, February 27, 2009

Castle of Dreams


I woke up this morning remembering the remnants of a dream that will make such an awesome story. I've been playing with the idea all day and can hardly wait to start writing it. Unfortunately, I have no time today or tomorrow. It makes me want to scream. I have critique group tonight, a stake camp meeting tomorrow morning, and a stake youth activity tomorrow night. I guess I can squeeze some writing in tomorrow afternoon between chores and activities. Maybe even a bit tonight after critique group. I have to take my kids with me this time around so I won't stay as late as usual, so, yeah, I might just be able to do a bit tonight. Hooray!

On another note, I've been invited to help with a literacy presentation at a school in April. I'm not even published yet and have an invitation to talk about how writers come up with their ideas. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and thrilled at the same time. If I'm going to talk about any part of writing, coming up with ideas is definitely my thing. I've got more ideas than I'll ever be able to write. I can feel confident in this thing at least.

On a third note, I'll be publishing a blog over at LDS Writer's Blogck every Sunday from now on. I've been a part of the group from near the beginning but haven't been very regular with my blogs. I'm changing that now. I'm really excited to be posting with this amazing group of writers. If you haven't checked them out before, please do. They've got some awesome advice on writing and are some of the most wonderful people I've met.

And thus ends my rambling post. Until tomorrow . . .

Quote of the Day: "One nice thing about putting the thing away for a couple of months before looking at it is that you start appreciate your own wit. Of course, this can be carried too far. But it's kind of cool when you crack up a piece of writing, and then realize you wrote it. I recommend this feeling."
~Steven Brust

7 comments:

Josi said...

You'll do great, Karen--the kids won't be able to help falling in love with you. I'd say keep it upbeat and fun--but you've got those two things covered.

Christine said...

Wow, you really are busy. Hope you can fit it all in and get some writing done as well. Congrats on the invitation to speak on how you get your ideas, too. You will do a great job.

Hugs

Jewel Allen said...

That's great you are helping with the seminar. You are such an engaging speaker, you'll do great.

It's fun to see you posting again ;-).

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

You'll do great, you are an awesome teacher and writer.

Nichole Giles said...

Wow, you'll do awesome, I'm positive. We're glad to have you back at LDSWritersblogck! We've missed your posts.

I had an awesome new idea today as well--it happened as I was driving to my daughter's basketball tournament. I had a notebook and just enough time to jot down the basics, but I can't wait until Monday when I can get a good start on it. Good luck on your new project.

Nichole

Tristi Pinkston said...

My first published book was a dream, too! I believe in them!

Glad to see you blogging again.

Haley Hatch Freeman said...

I've had dreams before that I always think I should write about too!
When I have an idea and can't write right away I hurry and just jot them down so I won't forget.

I'm glad you are excited about the presentation we are doing. The date is April 10th from 11:00-12:00 I will give you more details as I get them.

I'm so happy to see you writing more!