Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cold Medicine High


I was reminded today why I hate cold medicine so much. I took two pills at 5:00 this morning - two pills that are only supposed to last for about four hours, and I'm just now coming down off the high at 10:00 pm. Needless to say, I got absolutely nothing done on typing those edits in today. How could I edit when the page was swimming and my brain had turned to fudge? I'm a little disgusted with myself. I knew better, but took them anyway.


So, it turns out I really do have jury duty tomorrow, though what that entails, I don't know. I guess I'll find out in the morning. Oh, and my van died. Can you believe that? My hope was that even if I did have to go to the courthouse in the morning, things would get settled out of court just before and I'd still be able to go to the luncheon of the beautiful blogging babes. Without a vehicle and being sick to boot, I'm kind of stuck.


Unless a miracle happens, The Sapphire Flute will not be in the mail on Friday, but I'm doing my darnedest. I can't believe the opposition I've had in getting this thing done. It gives me hope that maybe there's a reason for it??? Maybe it can do something for someone somewhere? I can always hope.


Quote of the Day: "Any man who keeps working is not a failure. He may not be a great writer, but if he applies the old-fashioned virtues of hard, constant labor, he'll eventually make some kind of career for himself as writer." - Ray Bradbury

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

:^>

Unknown said...

Karen, we'll miss you. I'm glad you're already done with jury duty. I'm sorry your van is busted and that you have a cold. Definitely, your book is worth something. Hang in there!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Hey you,

I'm sorry you couldn't make it today! Go over to http://www.lordsofthemanor.blogspot.com Her name is Jen and she's a blogger babe who also lives in Tooele. You should carpool!

C. Michelle Jefferies said...

OH MY! we have had the same day. My MS had major issues, my lap top froze and I havn't been able to get on the web all day. When we are doing the right thing Satan works harder to stop us. Which means we must be doing something right right? You will get your edits done and I will get my entry in for that contest...

Michelle

Karen E. Hoover said...

Thanks for all the support, you guys. We still don't have the van, but at least it's only a misfiring cylinder, rather than the transmission. We should have it back tomorrow. Sorry I missed the lunch. I'll be there next time if I have to hike!