This blog tour thing has been an interesting experience for me. I was talking to my friend Stacy about it one day and she said the feeling was like a cross between Christmas morning and finding out you've just been called to the principle's office.
You know what? She's right! I have thrilled over the kind things my reviewers and commenters on the reviews have said, and other times wondered why I even bother to put words on a page. I've had wonderful fun with some of the interviews and struggled for the words on others. It has been an eye opening journey, to say the least.
The last few days have brought me reviews from Elizabeth Mueller on both her personal blog and the MMW blog she writes for. It's the same review on both, but it's fun to read the different comments. Then there was Donna over at Inking Cap and a very fun interview with my good friend L.T. (I call her Ell for short) over at Dreams of Quills and Ink. And last night a nice review from Daron Fraley, who's book, The Thorn, will be published the same day as mine with Valor Publishing Group. I have the privilege of reviewing his book on April 2, so will have the chance to return the favor. Mua ha ha ha. ;)
Starting today I'm going to do some weekly drawings and will have a grand prize drawing at the end of the month, so if you'd like to enter and get some free stuff (and believe me, I give away GOOD free stuff!), you can enter in one of several ways and will get one entry for each thing you do.
1) FOLLOW ME! There's a button to the right. See it? Right over there? Yeah, that one. Click it and become one of my followers. That will get you one entry.
2) Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/karenehoover. That's another entry.
3) Become a fan of Karen E. Hoover on Facebook. A third entry.
4) Once you've read my book, review it on Amazon, Goodreads, Shelfari, Barnes and Noble, or any of those places. I'm not just talking pick your stars to rate it. I'm talking leave me a review, even if it's only a sentence or two, on what you thought of the book. What parts you liked best. whatever. Hopefully they will be positive, but I do appreciate honesty. You'll get one entry for EACH review you do.
5) Post my press release on your blog or web site. You can find it HERE.
6) I will give you TWO entries if you read the book and post a review on your blog.
7) Bribery. That will always get you entries. Oh wait, that's not ethical, is it. Scratch that one. (I love peanut m&m's)
8) When you've done all that, leave a comment (or leave multiple comments if you must if you have to break them up) and tell me what you've done so I can see how much you all love me (or how much you want my cool prizes) and I'll enter your name in the drawings. I'll draw every Saturday until the end of the month, and then draw once more on the 31st out of ALL the entries for the big grand prize.
Good luck to you all!
Quote of the Day: Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
*picture comes from Melinda via Flickr*