Thursday, December 22, 2011

Book Review: Faithful, Fit, & Fabulous by Connie Sokol

I was really excited to have the chance to review this book, for multiple reasons. I've got some issues that make me want to work on the 'fit' part of the book, and I definitely want to feel fabulous, but it was the faithful part that really intrigued me.

I try very hard to incorporate the spirit of the Lord into everything I do, especially my writing. I'm a  big believer in the Father wanting to help us succeed in those things that are important to us, and when we make Him a partner in our efforts, we can't help but succeed.

It's what I've done with my writing all these years. I know that I cannot write my best without reading His word and praying first, and thus, incorporating that element in the success of our lives really intrigued me in Connie's book.

I was not disappointed.

This book was hard to read straight through--not because it didn't make sense or wasn't interesting, because it was both. No, it was hard because I wanted to stop and savor each chapter the way the book was meant to be used. I wanted to do the exercises and really apply the things I was learning, but that's hard to do when I'm just doing a book review.

So, here's what I'm going to do. I'm posting my two thumbs up review here, right now, in that I love this book and think it can make a big change in my own life, but I'm also going to spend the next eight weeks applying these things into my life.

Starting January 1st, I'll update regularly here on what I learned with each chapter and let you guys experience it through me, and hopefully you'll go out and buy the book and try it yourselves. I truly believe this is a book that should be in every household. It's one of those that can change your life.

I certainly hope it changes mine.

You can purchase it at the following places:
Deseret Book
Amazon
Amazon e-book

1 comment:

Angela Brown said...

This sounds like a pretty good read for the mind, body and soul...literally.

Thanks for the review.