Friday, October 14, 2011

Book Review: Deep Blue Secret by Christie Anderson

Every once in a while I come across a writer that is such a great storyteller, I can't put the book down, I forget where I am, what time it is, and if there's anyone around me. I don't notice typos (if there are any), and I am oblivious to any flaws in the work (unless they are blatant), and I desperately hope there is another book coming with these same characters.

Christie Anderson is such a writer.

I was lost in the world of Deep Blue Secret and fascinated by the way she intertwined nature with magic. I desperately want to see more of this world! And I can't help but mention, the cover is absolutely stunning. I could put that poster on my wall any day.

Now to be absolutely fair, which I'm trying to do more often, there was one teensy little thing that bugged me, something that most people probably wouldn't even notice and may just be one of my "things." Transitions were a little too quick. For instance, she sat down to the table for breakfast, her plate mounded with food, and then suddenly she rubbed her stomach saying she was stuffed. I wanted to at least see her take that first bite.

But honestly, to me, that was such a small thing when I enjoyed the story so very much. I'm not sure what else to say. This book rocked my socks. It was a fun read, the characters felt authentic to me, and like I said before, I was left desperately wanting a book two so I can find out more about this world. Please say there will be a book two, Christie. Please? Please???

If you wish to purchase Deep Blue Secrets, it would be money well spent (and it's only .99 cents for kindle!) You can find the book HERE.

And thank you, Ms. Christie Anderson, for giving me some wonderful hours in your make-believe world. They were awesome!

Book summary:

California teen, Sadie James, thinks her life couldn’t get any better. She has great friends, an energetic mother she adores, and the beach practically in her own backyard. But her carefree life is turned upside down when she’s rescued by a mysterious and strangely familiar boy who won’t even tell her his name.

Each time the boy appears, Sadie’s unexplainable attraction to him deepens along with her need to unravel his secrets. The boy is there to protect her. But as wonderful and exciting as it might be to have an irresistible boy with crystal green eyes protecting her every move, every minute of the day...why does Sadie need one?

As Sadie finds answers, she realizes her life isn’t as perfect as she thought. Not only is she caught in a world of dangerous secret agents she never knew existed, but it turns out her true identity may be the greatest secret of all.

3 comments:

Christie D Anderson said...

Karen, thank you so much for posting your review of my book! I'm sure I'm more aware than anyone that my writing is not perfect, so hearing such kind and encouraging words from you is such an uplift! THANK YOU!!
P.S. Book 2 is in the works :D

Karen E. Hoover said...

Woo hoo!!!! Can't wait to read it! Would love to chat with you on marketing sometime. :) Pick your brain and what-not. Deep Blue Secret was genuinely an awesome book. Congrats!

Christie D Anderson said...

Karen, Your support and enthusiasm means so much! I would love to chat with you sometime!