Saturday, August 13, 2011

Winner! Poetry Challenge #7


Wow, what a week Rebecca Blevins is having! First she won the Flash Fiction Challenge, and now today she wins the Poetry Challenge for her poem "Adventures in Baking a Cheesecake!"

Congratulations Rebecca! We're so proud of you!

Second place was "The Wind," by Bethany Ricks


And now their poems for your viewing pleasure:



Adventures in Baking a Cheesecake(Rebecca Blevins)


Stir!

Beat!

Scrape, scrape,

I’m going to make a cake!


Crunch!

Smash!

Crumbs, please,

Pour lots of sweetened cream cheese!


Simmer!

Wet!

Set, set,

It’ll be the best one yet!


Oh!

No!

Fall down,

Sagging, unappealing brown.


Twist!

Turn!

Drop, plop,

Cherry filling fixes top.


Chill!

Slice!

Bite, bite,

This will be a tasty night!




The Wind (Bethany Ricks)


The Wind
The Rush
The Rush of breath
That brought me my life
My life of reason
My life of flight

Everything moving
Moving to a beat
A beat of a heart
The heart of the rush

Before the wind
Before the rush
The life that I knew
The life that was crushed

This rush that found me
Found and held me
Held me up and saved me

Now we walk
Hand in hand
Against the world
With the wind



3 comments:

Rebecca Blevins said...

Thank you! And congratulations to Bethany! I enjoyed reading your poem!

Bethany D. Ricks said...

Thank you =)

Anonymous said...

Very Nice-